TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Business Monitoring of Phone Calls

Re: Business Monitoring of Phone Calls

jmeissen@aracnet.com
13 Jan 2005 17:24:05 GMT

In article <telecom24.16.5@telecom-digest.org>, Justin Time
<a_user2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

> But when a notice that the call may be monitored "for quality control
> or training purposes" is played and you do not object to that fact
> when connected, then you have waived your right to privacy.

Isn't that sort of a cop-out? Given that it's the only way to do
business with some organizations you're essentially saying that by
doing business with them you're waiving your right to privacy.

Most people won't make the connection between call monitoring and
privacy. I know that I don't. One doesn't necessarily imply the
other. I don't mind organizations that I deal with monitoring my
calls. But I expect them to apply due diligence and implement
procedures that protect my right to privacy. I have no more reason to
expect a screener to violate my privacy than an employee who handles
my account information.

John Meissen jmeissen@aracnet.com

Go to Next message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Business Monitoring of Phone Calls"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Business Monitoring of Phone Calls"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Business Monitoring of Phone Calls"