TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Workaround, was: Google Telecom-Digest Archive

Re: Workaround, was: Google Telecom-Digest Archive

Neal McLain (nmclain@annsgarden.com)
Sat, 08 Jan 2005 22:48:40 -0600

To which PAT wrote:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, you can look directly on
> our web site http://telecom-digest.org/back-issues. You'll find
> the last year or so filed issue by issue; much older stuff is
> filed in clusters of fifty issues per file. Grep known details
> with a wild card as the argument in each cluster, then zero in
> on them from there. For volumes 9-18 there are also
> 'accelerated indexes' of message subject titles along with the
> volume number and (cluster of) fifty issues in which to look
> for your stuff. PAT]

But I still can't link directly to a specific post, which is what I
used to be able to do with Google.

BTW, <http://telecom-digest.org/back-issues> appears to be a dead link.

According to your revised website, the "recent single issues" page is at
<http://massis.lcs.mit.edu/archives/back.issues/recent.single.issues/>
(Volumes 23 [2004] and 24 [2005]), and the back issues pages is at

Danny Burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

> The general attitude of many, many, people (myself included) is
> that Google broke something that wasn't broken ... We've all
> got our fingers crossed that they'll step back.

> Fortunately, for now at least, you can still get to the older
> Google search page (for usenet) by going to:

> http://www.google.co.uk/advanced_group_search

Hey -- that works! At least most of the time ... although I couldn't find
a couple of my old posts, I was able to find all the truncated
ones. Thanks for the suggestion!

I join you in keeping my fingers crossed.

Neal McLain

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I wonder if I should go into the source
code (on the web pages) where the Google search boxes are located
and direct them to go through that link also? PAT]

Go to Next message: rob51166@yahoo.com: "Re: Cable Finds Its Voice"
Go to Previous message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Place the Blame on Me"
May be in reply to: Danny Burstein: "Workaround, was: Google Telecom-Digest Archive"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page