TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Workaround, was: Google Telecom-Digest Archive

Workaround, was: Google Telecom-Digest Archive

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:00:06 -0500

In <telecom24.8.5@telecom-digest.org> Neal McLain <nmclain@annsgarden.com>
writes:

> Has anybody else noticed how thoroughly Google had messed up its
> archive of past Telecom-Digest postings? Their archive used to
> reproduce each message in its entirety, in courier text. Now it
> truncates long messages. Several of the messages I've posted over the
> years are chopped off mid-word at around 700 words.

[snip]

The general attitude of many, many, people (myself included) is that
Google broke something that wasn't broken ... We've all got our fingers
crossed that they'll step back.

Fortunately, for now at least, you can still get to the older Google
search page (for usenet) by going to:

http://www.google.co.uk/advanced_group_search
dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: quickcur@yahoo.com: "Calling Canada is an International Call?"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Sorting Out the Three-Ring Circus of Ringtones"
May be reply: Neal McLain: "Re: Workaround, was: Google Telecom-Digest Archive"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page