TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Inauguration Requires Boost In Bandwidth

Re: Inauguration Requires Boost In Bandwidth

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
3 Jan 2005 14:11:10 -0500

In article <telecom24.2.5@telecom-digest.org>, Marcus Didius Falco
<falco_marcus_didius@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Clark W. Griswold, Jr. <spamtrap100@comcast.net> wrote about
> Inauguration Requires Boost In Bandwidth on Fri, 31 Dec 2004
> 17:00:49:

>> Marcus Didius Falco <falco_marcus_didius@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Although there are known dead spots close to the White House and CIA
>>> headquarters in Langley where wireless signals are blocked for
>>> security reasons

>> Now that's interesting. First time I've seen a public reference to the
>> US Government intentially blocking/jamming a licensed communications
>> service within the US. Would be interesting to see the procedure they
>> used to get that approved, since it directly violates US law.

> Secret exemption from the rules provided by the FCC?

More likely the spooks just talked to the cellphone providers and
urged them not to locate towers in the area. It's easy to create dead
spots by careful antenna placement. The hard part is _preventing_
dead spots.

scott

--

Go to Next message: Barry Margolin: "Re: Apple's iPod Raises Bar For Digital Music Players"
Go to Previous message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Western Electric: What is This Device?"