TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Western Electric: What is This Device?

Re: Western Electric: What is This Device?

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
3 Jan 2005 14:09:36 -0500

David B. Horvath, CCP <dhorvath@cobs.com> wrote:

> My brother moved into a new house and I was helping him with some
> wiring and plumbing. Attached to one wall was a Western Electric
> device that was really weird. It consisted of a square box with an
> old style house fuse (round, with the box marked 0.3 AMP) that had a
> regular AC plug on one side and an electric motor on the other.

This is a motor-generator set that produces a 1 KHz tone.

What it was used for, I have no idea. But the other components may be
a clue.

scott

--

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Inauguration Requires Boost In Bandwidth"
Go to Previous message: Carl Navarro: "Re: Long Distance From Next Door"