TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Beware Sprint Phone Rebates

Beware Sprint Phone Rebates

Nate (nnord@maxitd.com)
23 Dec 2004 09:20:02 -0800

After my previous Sprint contract was up, I called to see about a
phone/plan upgrade. The salesman sold me a new plan and a new phone
with a big rebate. Well, the rebate was turned down because the
"saleperson" never changed my original plan. Called Sprint and after
talking to two people (including a supervisor), they wouldn't do
anything except say "talk to the rebate people". I explained that the
"rebate people" aren't the ones who screwed up. They didn't seem to
grasp this concept. It looks like Sprint may have sold me a very,
very overpriced phone. Can you say lifelong loss of a Sprint
customer?

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: This is a typical tactic by Sprint.
We have had other messages in the Digest from people who said Sprint
was not honoring their rebates very well. PAT]

Go to Next message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "Broadband Connections Rise 38%, According to FCC"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Minter: "Review: E-Mail Program Lacks 'Wow' Factor"
May be reply: Hank Karl: "Re: Beware Sprint Phone Rebates"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Beware Sprint Phone Rebates"
May be reply: Brad Houser: "Re: Beware Sprint Phone Rebates"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page