TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Beware Sprint Phone Rebates

Re: Beware Sprint Phone Rebates

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Sat, 25 Dec 2004 21:18:00 -0700

In message <telecom23.616.4@telecom-digest.org> Nate <nnord@maxitd.com>
wrote:

> After my previous Sprint contract was up, I called to see about a
> phone/plan upgrade. The salesman sold me a new plan and a new phone
> with a big rebate. Well, the rebate was turned down because the
> "saleperson" never changed my original plan. Called Sprint and after
> talking to two people (including a supervisor), they wouldn't do
> anything except say "talk to the rebate people". I explained that the
> "rebate people" aren't the ones who screwed up. They didn't seem to
> grasp this concept. It looks like Sprint may have sold me a very,
> very overpriced phone. Can you say lifelong loss of a Sprint
> customer?

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: This is a typical tactic by Sprint.
> We have had other messages in the Digest from people who said Sprint
> was not honoring their rebates very well. PAT]

I would suggest that if they aren't honouring the contract, you
shouldn't either. Cease paying the phone bill, for the love of god
cease using the phone, then fight it when/if they come after you.

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Verizon Takes Next Big Step Toward VoIP"
Go to Previous message: torotoro@digitalputty.com: "Re: The End of TV as We Know It"
May be in reply to: Nate: "Beware Sprint Phone Rebates"