TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How Do I Learn an Unknown Number?

Re: How Do I Learn an Unknown Number?

jtaylor (jtaylor@hfx.deletethis.andara.com)
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:51:44 -0400

Nathan Strom <nstrom@ananzi.co.za> wrote in message

> rekingus@yahoo.com (reking) wrote in message

>> Anyone know how I can retrieve a phone number for a line that I have
>> recently discovered within our business.

>> SBC is our carrier but they tell me I would have to have someone come
>> out and trace the line at a charge. Is there a way of determining the
>> nimber by using some code entered on the phone.

> If there's a dialtone on the line, hook up a phone and try calling
> 1-888-902-9998. It should read back the number of the calling phone.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I tried it just now and it worked fine
> on my Vonage line, and also on my cell phone line. PAT]

Whoopie! Works from the Great White North also!

Who runs this?

Go to Next message: Ringo Langly: "Re: Dropping SBC For a VoIP Solution -- Vonage or Packet8 ??"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits"
May be in reply to: reking: "How Do I Learn an Unknown Number?"