TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: WiFi Centrino RANGE Increase POSSIBLE?

WiFi Centrino RANGE Increase POSSIBLE?

Michal (michalkuls@o2.pl)
23 Nov 2004 06:37:07 -0800

Hi,

I have a Toshiba A50-101 which is Centrino (with Wifi of course) I'm
using Wifi access point from Linksys named WAG54G. I need to use the
computer on other floor than the access point is. It works really
poor. The wifi range is not sufficient. Is it possible to increase my
wifi range by using some sort of PCMCIA antenna or something?

Thanks for any advice!

Regards,

Mike

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I increased my range *a little* using
an EZ-10 thing (see the EZ-10 web site). Basically, it uses tin-foil
around the antenna on the base unit to reflect the signal, or push
it forward. Considering its cost (free, with construction time about
ten minutes) you might want to see if it helps a little. PAT]

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Bofra Exploit Hits The Register Ad Serving Supplier"
May be reply: Chip G: "Re: WiFi Centrino RANGE Increase POSSIBLE?"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: WiFi Centrino RANGE Increase POSSIBLE?"
May be reply: Scott Dorsey: "Re: WiFi Centrino RANGE Increase POSSIBLE?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page