TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Update: Vonage Ring Problem

Re: Update: Vonage Ring Problem

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:52:41 -0700

In message <telecom23.545.6@telecom-digest.org> Tony P.
<kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net> wrote:

> I found either dialing 1+NPA+NXX+XXXX completes calls in < 2 seconds
> while dialing NXX-XXXX takes 5 to 6 seconds -- they're waiting to time
> out in that case.

Try dialing NPA+NXX+XXXX and it will connect the call immediately.

> Overall the receive audio quality is mostly superb (I do notice a
> slight background noise that reminds me of the old microwave
> transmissions systems for LD calls.) and outgoing audio reminds most
> people of a cell phone less the gaps. I can live with that.

Last I heard Vonage is artificially adding background noise.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: On your Vonage seven digit dialing try
> adding a carriage return ('#') at the end of your dialing string to
> speed things up somewhat. In other words, NXX-XXXX# should work a bit
> faster. PAT]

That doesn't (and has never) worked here.

1832-Curling is introduced to the U.S., giving Americans a sport
combining the surface of hockey with the thrill of watching paint dry.

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Update: Vonage Ring Problem"
Go to Previous message: rsn: "Spoofing Caller Party With Custom Equipment"
May be in reply to: Tony P.: "Update: Vonage Ring Problem"