TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon

Re: Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon

Fred Atkinson (fatkinson@mishmash.com)
Fri, 04 May 2007 07:23:45 -0400

On Thu, 3 May 2007 23:35:29 UTC, Steven J. Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
wrote:

> Plenty of good ISPs, and Verizon is a clueless ISP anyhow, but you
> realize you can get your emailbox from a separate company, right? (and
> should, that way you don't have to worry about your old email address
> going away if/when you dump vz)

> Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
> Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

So, Mr. Sobol,

Would you please tell me who these *good* ISPs are (dialups excluded)
and which of these *good* ISPs I can get in Marietta, GA?.

There are few high speed providers that provide residential service.
It can either be the cable company or the local telco. You could go
with satellite Internet, of course. But there is no guarantee of good
quality due to the delay and susceptibility to fading due to weather
conditions.

Regards,

Fred

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon"
Go to Previous message: Mark Atwood: "Re: Foreign Listings for Residences"
May be in reply to: zalek: "Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon"