TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved

Re: AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved

Ron Kritzman (ron@dbOnayAmspaYmasters.com)
Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:12:35 -0600

TELECOM Digest Editor wrote:

> Democrats on the Commission held out for concessions,
> including among others, 'Network Neutrality' and a continued
> discounting in rates for wholesalers; i.e. the former Prairie Stream
> Communications and the existing Sage Telecom.

I read somewhere that unbundled DSL was supposed to be part of the
deal, but I'm willing to bet it won't cost any less that it did with
the dial tone.

Emoveray ethay Igpay Atinlay otay eplyray

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: It probably won't be any different than
a one-way, incoming calls only style line. I had a bunch of those in
a hunt group back in the 1970's with my recorded message
service. Those lines all had telephones on them of course, to answer
the incoming calls. If you picked up those phones other times, there
was no dial tone, but you did hear 'battery' on the line. If the phone
was off hook when an incoming call received, the caller was given a
busy signal. Bell did not sell it cheaper than had they given you a
dial tone to go with it; in fact I think it may have been more
expensive since they knew they would not make any money from it
otherwise. PAT]

Go to Next message: Fred Goldstein: "Re: AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved"
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Re: AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved"