TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: AT&T Residential Rate Increases?

Re: AT&T Residential Rate Increases?

harold@hallikainen.com
27 Dec 2006 05:47:06 -0800

> It sure looks that way. I've heard through the grapevine that Verizon
> has lost approximately one third of it's business since 1996.

I wonder how the move to DSL and Cable Modem has decreased the demand
for lines for modems and fax machines, and the demand for lines for
modem lines (or T-1s) at ISPs? For a while there, there was a
tremendous peak in demand for POTS lines (and POTS minutes). A fair
amount of this was served by CLECs, but I think ILECs handled a fair
amount of it. Between that peak, competing wired services (VoIP over
DSL and Cable Modem), and substitution of cellular for wired, I can see
a drop in demand for POTS. I think the FCC publishes figures on POTS
usage, but have not really looked at them.

Harold

Go to Next message: support@sellcom.com: "Old Phones Can't be Activated Anymore"
Go to Previous message: T: "Re: AT&T Residential Rate Increases?"
May be in reply to: AES: "AT&T Residential Rate Increases?"