TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: High School Student Charged in Computer Hacking Scheme

Re: High School Student Charged in Computer Hacking Scheme

Barry Margolin (barmar@alum.mit.edu)
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:40:29 -0500

In article <telecom25.419.11@telecom-digest.org>, ellis@no.spam wrote:

> In article <telecom25.418.7@telecom-digest.org>, Korey Smith
> <newsemail@cox.net> wrote:

>> The same would be true for the corporate world and a school should be
>> no different. If the IT department isn't doing their job in
>> protecting the information about student's grades, then they need to
>> held accountable.

> If it were medical records instead of school records, the IT
> department would be facing heavy fines for violation of federal
> law. They were just plain sloppy.

Yes, they were sloppy, but the kid was still BAD. You reprimand the IT
Department, maybe even fire the administrator, but that doesn't negate
the illegal nature of what the kid did.

Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: High School Student Charged in Computer Hacking Scheme"
Go to Previous message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Cell Phones and Cancer"
May be in reply to: Douane D. James: "High School Student Charged in Computer Hacking Scheme"