TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phones and Cancer

Re: Cell Phones and Cancer

Rick Merrill (rick0.merrill@NOSPAM.gmail.com)
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:08:22 -0500

Charles Gray wrote:

> I don't have the original article from the Washington Post on this,
> but it has been replicated numerous times. Here is one link
> http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory?id=3D2702500

> Best regards,

> Charles G. Gray
> Senior Lecturer, Telecommunications
> Oklahoma State University - Tulsa

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Thanks for sending this in. The 'cell
> phones and cancer' story is a very popular one, and I get these
> occassionally for use here in the Digest. Apparently, there is no
> real association between the two, although some people continue to
> persist that 'research is not yet complete'. PAT]

One tool that lets cell phones work is that the base (cell tower)
tells the cell phone how much power to use. In other words if you don't
pull up the antenna you brain will be subject to the max power output.

Go to Next message: Barry Margolin: "Re: High School Student Charged in Computer Hacking Scheme"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Ericsson to Acquire Redback Networks"
May be in reply to: Charles Gray: "Cell Phones and Cancer"