TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Google Sends a Virus to 50,000 Users

Re: Google Sends a Virus to 50,000 Users

Gordon S. Hlavenka (nospam@crashelex.com)
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 05:51:08 GMT

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Maybe some of you have noticed that
> Grisoft AVG anti-virus is no longer going to have a *free edition*
> after early in January, 2007. If we want to use it, we will need to
> pay for it effective after next month. PAT]

I think you read their announcement wrong, Pat ... From the Grisoft
website at http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1 :

>> GRISOFT is announcing a new version of the AVG Anti-Virus Free
>> Edition. This new 7.5 version with improved performance and full
>> compatibility with the latest Windows Vista version is available.
>> Users that are using AVG Free 7.1 will be provided with a specific
>> dialog, within the next few weeks, with the opportunity to choose the
>> right option fulfilling their needs. AVG Free 7.1 version will be
>> discontinued on 15th of Jan 2007.

So AVG Free 7.1 _is_ being discontinued as of 1/15/2007 -- because
it's being replaced by AVG Free 7.5 which is available now :-)

Gordon S. Hlavenka http://www.crashelectronics.com
What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Go to Next message: Claude Ortega: "Re: Google Sends a Virus to 50,000 Users"
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Lycos Seeks Rebirth as a 'Virtual Living Room'"
May be in reply to: David Garrett: "Google Sends a Virus to 50,000 Users"