TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Lycos Seeks Rebirth as a 'Virtual Living Room'

Re: Lycos Seeks Rebirth as a 'Virtual Living Room'

Steven Lichter (diespammers@ikillspammers.com)
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 04:29:19 GMT

Linc Madison wrote:

> In article <telecom25.387.2@telecom-digest.org>, Kenneth Li
> <reuters@telecom-digest.org> wrote:

>> [Lycos] was purchased for $12.5 billion by Terra Networks [in 2000],
>> and sold to Korea's Daum for about $95 million in 2004.

> Wow -- that's 0.76 cents on the dollar in about four years. Pretty good
> return on investment, huh?

> I can't check out the new "Lycos Cinema," of course, because I use a
> Mac, besides which I use Firefox. Lycos Cinema only runs on Internet
> Explorer 6 or higher.

> Linc Madison * San Francisco, California * Telecom at Linc Mad d0t c0m
> Read my political blog, "The Third Path" <http://LincMad.blogspot.com>
> US, California, and Washington State laws apply to LINCMAD.COM e-mail.

That sucks, that type of discrimination leaves a lot of net users out.
Most of the streaming radio stations now work with the Mac. Even the
Blueroom with AT&T is working on it, but no date as of now. My Palm
Cell phone now even works with my Mac on HotSync.

The Only Good Spammer is a Dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2006 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot In Hell Co.

Go to Next message: Gordon S. Hlavenka: "Re: Google Sends a Virus to 50,000 Users"
Go to Previous message: telecomdirect_daily: "TelecomDirect News Daily Update - November 15, 2006"
May be in reply to: Kenneth Li: "Lycos Seeks Rebirth as a 'Virtual Living Room'"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page