TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Lycos Seeks Rebirth as a 'Virtual Living Room'

Re: Lycos Seeks Rebirth as a 'Virtual Living Room'

Linc Madison (lincmad@suespammers.org)
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:13:13 -0800

In article <telecom25.387.2@telecom-digest.org>, Kenneth Li
<reuters@telecom-digest.org> wrote:

> [Lycos] was purchased for $12.5 billion by Terra Networks [in 2000],
> and sold to Korea's Daum for about $95 million in 2004.

Wow -- that's 0.76 cents on the dollar in about four years. Pretty good
return on investment, huh?

I can't check out the new "Lycos Cinema," of course, because I use a
Mac, besides which I use Firefox. Lycos Cinema only runs on Internet
Explorer 6 or higher.

Linc Madison * San Francisco, California * Telecom at Linc Mad d0t c0m
Read my political blog, "The Third Path" <http://LincMad.blogspot.com>
US, California, and Washington State laws apply to LINCMAD.COM e-mail.

Go to Next message: Reuters News Wire: "AOL Upgrades Messenger"
Go to Previous message: Linc Madison: "Re: Cell Phones: Viruses are Catching"
May be in reply to: Kenneth Li: "Lycos Seeks Rebirth as a 'Virtual Living Room'"