TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Discovering Where a Number Is

Re: Discovering Where a Number Is

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
8 Sep 2006 08:06:14 -0700

Carl Moore wrote:

> I happened to come across a recent MSNBC TV program regarding some
> newsmakers. As part of that, I saw an item on Scott Peterson
> (convicted of murder of pregnant wife, Laci, in California). So there
> was the part about having Amber Frey as a mistress, and Scott
> P. claimed to be calling her from Europe and supposedly gave a
> telephone number which Amber found to be in Modesto, California. Does
> anyone else recall the program I am writing about?

Frankly, I have no idea why this case made national news. I can
understand it being local news, but not national and definitely
dragged through cable news channels ad nauseum.

Anyway, to find the town associated with a given area code and
exchange, call your long distance operator or Information. This used
to be free, but now they may charge you a $1.00 or so fee. There may
be websites to do this, but they might not be accurate.

Go to Next message: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: Need Tap Into Telco Line"
Go to Previous message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: NY Times Reporter Seeks Info About History of the SIT Tone"
May be in reply to: Carl Moore: "Discovering Where a Number Is"