TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Discovering Where a Number Is

Re: Discovering Where a Number Is

Carl Moore (cmoore@ARL.ARMY.MIL)
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 16:42:18 EDT

It had come across to me (the point I was making and why I wrote to
Telecom Digest) that someone had checked where the phone number was!
(Apparently, checking where it was gave an insight which might have
been missed otherwise.)

I too have wondered why the Scott/Laci Peterson case got that much
attention. I don't mean to trivialize the case (there are deaths
involved), but I can quickly list two other cases of the death of a
pregnant wife, with husband being charged:

1. Jeffrey MacDonald, while he was an Army doctor in North Carolina
in 1970.
2. Michael ("Mick") Fletcher, an attorney in the Detroit (Michigan)
area, who was having an affair with a judge who as a result became
a "judge behaving badly".

I do distance myself from "tabloid" treatment of a story, because I
think that may be more designed to make money from a story than being
concerned with getting it right. I am more interested in the
forensics, and you could consider finding the location of a telephone
number to be a science of sorts.

Go to Next message: Gene S. Berkowitz: "Re: Discovering Where a Number Is"
Go to Previous message: Paul: "Re: We Live in a World of Redundancies"
May be in reply to: Carl Moore: "Discovering Where a Number Is"