TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Sam Spade

Sam Spade

Wally Roberts (wally@wallyroberts.com)
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:47:24 -0700

I am the guy who posts as Sam Spade.

I decided a long time ago to not give out a valid email address on any
Usenet Group.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You are not the only person who is
totally fed up with Usenet and the huge amount of spam generated by
piracy of real names. I have been victimized by that for many years
now; if they find any sort of real name and working email address they
begin using it to spread their porn and other scams. After more than
twenty years on Usenet and Internet how much of that do you suppose I
deal with? We are going to begin making it a bit more difficult for
them starting immediatly. Henceforth all subject lines _MUST_ have
the word 'telecom' with a left bracket and a right bracket [] around
the word, or the mail will be tossed by my own filter. The sender
will get the auto-ack but with a note saying their mail has been
rejected for lack of the magic word. The magic word will not be
included in the subject line however. This takes effect immediatly,
however there will be a two or three day grace period to allow all
writers an opportunity to learn about it. The magic word has to
be the very first word in the subject line. PAT]

Go to Next message: Ken Abrams: "Re: Need Info Re A/C 650 Dialing Problem"
Go to Previous message: Sam Spade: "Re: Speed 8 and Speed 30 (re: ESS Feature Usage)"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Sam Spade"
May be reply: William Warren: "Re: Sam Spade"
May be reply: William Warren: "Re: Sam Spade"
May be reply: William Warren: "Re: Sam Spade"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page