TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Bellsouth Keeps Calling

Bellsouth Keeps Calling

sawney beane (beadle1833@fmail.co.uk)
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:51:10 -0400

Bellsouth seems to call me daily. They sound like voices from the
West Indies. I keep saying no and hanging up, and they keep calling.
I suppose it's to pay for this service that my phone bill has doubled
in ten years.

Today I asked why they kept calling. The caller used this to launch
her pitch. $21.22 would cover local and long-distance service, and it
wouldn't change. I said I wouldn't agree to anything until I had it
in writing. She said I'd get it in writing after I agreed. She kept
pushing without really telling me anything until I hung up.

Years ago, an AT&T salesman got me to agree to promises that were
utterly false. I phoned AT&T, whose representative said AT&T was not
responsible, but he corrected the situation with more promises that
proved to be false. I was not able to get a full refund for the
"services" I didn't ask for or use.

I don't want to go through that with Bellsouth. Their website doesn't
mention the plan described on the phone. Can I have Bellsouth
executives arrested for harassing me?

Go to Next message: John L: "Places That Use 911 For All Police Business"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Vonage Expands Options For Callers With Plug-in"
May be reply: DLR: "Re: Bellsouth Keeps Calling"
May be reply: davidesan@gmail.com: "Re: Bellsouth Keeps Calling"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page