TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Political Telemarketing Calls

Re: Political Telemarketing Calls

Barry Margolin (barmar@alum.mit.edu)
Mon, 05 Jun 2006 20:42:27 -0400

Steven Lichter <DieSpammer@Ikillspammers.com> wrote:

> Don't these people know that calling someone who has their number on
> the Don't Call list do not want to here from them or anyone else, or
> don't they care?

They obviously don't care, or they wouldn't have put the exemption for
political calls in the law in the first place.

Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: We here in s.e. Kansas have a special
election planned for Tuesday, June 6. I think it is only for
Independence. The reason is whether or not to authorize bonds
(i.e. borrow more money) to make some improvements to the schools.
We have received phone calls and visitors at the door all day today
telling us 'vote yes for the kids' and that is such a dishonest approach!
I told each of them you want a yes vote for the school administrators
is how it actually goes. This will be the third time in the past
year they have tried to get this past us. The first two times they
were voted down; each time they re-wrote the plan and brought it
back to the voters again. They want money to build a new gymnasium for
the high school among other things. This third plan now being
presented is only a shell of the first two plans, so maybe it will
pass. I know we do _not_ need to borrow more money. PAT]

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "EFFector 19.13: EFF Files Evidence to Stop AT&T's Dragnet"
Go to Previous message: George Berger: "Re: Political Telemarketing Calls"
May be in reply to: Steven Lichter: "Political Telemarketing Calls"