TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Should I Switch to Vonage?

Re: Should I Switch to Vonage?

Herb Stein (herb@herbstein.com)
Fri, 05 May 2006 04:27:18 GMT

Mark J <mjlas02@cox.net> wrote in message

>I have been using Vonage for nearly a year now, with no problems with
> their service whatsoever. The few times I have had trouble was when
> the Internet service was out or I had trouble with my Linksys router
> or Cisco 1900 switch, but only lasted for a minute or so.

Had you been having a heart attack, it would have actually been your
LAST problem. And what's you option when the power goes out?

> Healthy Stealthy <healthystealthy@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Right now I'm using Verizon. I have to save money. I'm thinking about
>> switching to Vonage. Does anyone know anything about this company? Is
>> it a mistake to switch to them? Any details?

>> Thanks.

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Vonage is certainly a better deal, and
>> much less expensive than Verizon. I have Vonage service here as well,
>> although in fairness I should mention I also still have landline
>> service as well. Some readers here would suggest that there are other
>> VOIP companies better than Vonage, and that may be true, but I think
>> you are inquiring about the _concept_ of VOIP instead of landline, am
>> I correct? I am unwilling to totally abandon my landline service for
>> VOIP. PAT]

Herb Stein
herb@herbstein.com

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Can Open Source Defeat Microsoft?"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Everyone's Always Been a Critic - But Net Makes Their Voices Count"
May be in reply to: Healthy Stealthy: "Should I Switch to Vonage?"