TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Big League Spammer Ralsky in Custody; May be Singing...

Re: Big League Spammer Ralsky in Custody; May be Singing...

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:45:54 -0000

Note: the valleywag.com report is *UNCONFIRMED* by any other source at this
time. It's been picked-up/repeated in several other places, but _all_
the reports trace back to this single 'pseudonymous' source of unknown
credibility.

There is some suspicion that this is all a 'mind game' by this 'local
hacker', possibly trying to scare off the competition. The 'nym' used
by the hacker lends some credibility to that idea. See "meme" in any
modern dictionary.

In article <telecom25.163.7@telecom-digest.org>, Danny Burstein
<dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

> " Local hacker 'Memehacker' ('instant messaged') in with a scoop on
> Alan Ralsky, the famed 'Spam King' covered by the Observer and the
> Detroit News. Here's the breaking story:

> " Valleywag: 'Tell me the scoop in three sentences.

> " Memehacker: 'Alan Ralsky is currently being held by the feds and his
> file is sealed for the next 72 hours by the DOJ. We are concerned that
> he is going to narq out the entire network since they have enough on
> him to send him to jail.

> " 'This means hackers, spammers, anyone who has worked in spam legally
> or illegally for the last 5 years at least. The DOJ wants to do a
> dragnet, they have the top dog, but they want the whole system as
> well ...

> http://www.valleywag.com/tech/alan-ralsky/scoop-doj-jails-spam-king-alan-ralsky-might-rat-out-a-massive-hacker-spammer-network-170385.php

>Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
> dannyb@panix.com
>[to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Go to Next message: Bill Darden: "Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ"
Go to Previous message: harold@hallikainen.com: "Re: Using Dilution to Fight Phishers"
May be in reply to: Danny Burstein: "Big League Spammer Ralsky in Custody; May be Singing..."
TELECOM Digest: Home Page