TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: What Happened to Me

Re: What Happened to Me

Justa Lurker (JustaLurker@att.net)
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:11:33 GMT

Dave Garland wrote:

> I did notice little stub antennas in corridors but am not sure what
> equipment they were for.

I believe those antennas may be part of the telemetry system which
monitors patients while they are ambulatory away from their bed (e.g.,
moving about in the hallway, sitting down the hall in the solarium,
etc.).

Or perhaps what you saw are associated with some sort of wireless LAN
access point, although I think my first guess is more likely.

Go to Next message: technology_post@yahoo.com: "Scientific Atlanta Expands Options for Operators with OCAP Platform"
Go to Previous message: 2k: "A New Blog About Mobile Society and Technology"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "What Happened to Me"