TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Crossborder 7-Digit (Dial 1)

Re: Crossborder 7-Digit (Dial 1)

T (nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net)
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:48:52 -0500

In article <telecom25.94.7@telecom-digest.org>, joeofseattle@yahoo.com
says:

> hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com 8 Mar 2006 07:52:17 -0800 wrote:

>> just out curiosity, would anyone know the rates and dialing
>> procedures between such very close small border towns of:

>> Madawaska, Maine and Edmunston, New Brunswick

> International local calling exists between New Brunswick and Maine as
> follows:

> - McAdam, NB and Vanceboro, ME
> - Clair, NB and St Francis & Ft Kent, ME
> - Edmunston, NB and Madawaska, ME
> - St-Leonard, NB and Van Buren, ME
> - St Stephen, NB and Calais, ME

> http://massis.lcs.mit.edu/archives/npa.list-canada/npa.506.exchanges-canadaPembina,
> North Dakota and Emerson, Manitoba

At one point we'd discovered that depending on the calling area -- you
could set up call forwarding on regular phone lines and bounce calls
for several hundred miles.

What a treat when we discovered we could also get it into/from Canada.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: The only trouble I see is if the local
phone charges for each of the small hops (when added together for each
hop) saved any money over the single long-haul charge of an interstate
toll from the starting point to the eventual ending point. Long
distance charges are quite inexpensive these days; can you get the
combined (various) local charges down to less? And what about
coordinating the in-between call-forwards? PAT]

Go to Next message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: 25 Hz power"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Crossborder 7-Digit (Dial 1)"
May be in reply to: Anthony Bellanga: "Crossborder 7-Digit (Dial 1)"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page