TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Employment Opportunity?

Re: Employment Opportunity?

Wesrock@aol.com
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:44:42 EST

In a message dated Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:53:27 -0000, Telephoneman
<alexandergrahambellREMOVE@bigfoot.com> writes:

> Like you say, it's slightly better than the usual Nigerian 419 scam --
> at least the grammar mostly makes sense! If people want to pretend to
> be from the UK however, they should do their homework. Our secondary
> education system is not known as "High School" and students study for
> "A levels" -- people don't graduate and there is no major. As Winston
> Churchill said, the US and the UK are two peoples separated by a
> common language (I think), so just to be awkward we spell checks as
> cheques!

> Liam

The writer also overlooks the obvious fact that many businesses in the
U.K. accept MasterCard and Visa through banks in the U.K., and
M.C. and Visa are accepted whether the card issuer is local or half
way around the world.

If the amount is significant, he could also open a U.S. dollar account
at a bank in the U.S.A. and would only have to go through the transfer
process occasionally (the transfer cost is very high proportionately
for small transfers, but the percentage is much less percentagewise on
large transfers). If he has a U.S. bank account he could also get a
debit card ("check card") from the bank in the U.S.A. and withdraw the
funds from an ATM in the U.K.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com
wleathus@yahoo.com

Go to Next message: Joel Rothstein & Paul Eckert: "Congress Grills Internet Executives"
Go to Previous message: Veritas: "Re: US Grant Web Site Will Not Work With Macs"
May be in reply to: frank smith: "Employment Opportunity?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page