TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: So, Did it Snow By You on Sunday?

Re: So, Did it Snow By You on Sunday?

Barry Margolin (barmar@alum.mit.edu)
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:42:09 -0500

In article <telecom25.67.7@telecom-digest.org>, Gene S. Berkowitz
<first.last@comcast.net> wrote:

> And, as usual, the wires were wrong. Yes, it was a big snow, for MA.
> But trivial compared to the Blizzard of '78. I have about a foot or
> so on my lawn. Because it coincided with a high tide, the coastal
> town of Winthrop, MA got a storm surge, but that isn't unusual. The
> storm wasn't unusual; the mildness of the winter has been, and that
> has helped keep heating oil expenses tolerable.

While it wasn't record-breaking here in MA, it was in many other parts
of the northeast and mid-Atlantic coast. And the geographic extent of
this storm was bigger than most Nor'Easters, which typically just
cover NY and New England.

Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: And I am told there was a bit more snow
during the day on Monday, or was it just all blowing and drifting?
Barry, how far is Arlington, MA from Methuen, MA? Would the snow fall
in Boston/Arlington probably be typical for Methuen? I spoke on the
phone on Saturday with a musician friend in Chicago who was scheduled
to fly out to Boston Sunday to get a "good night's rest" before
proceeding on to Methuen Monday morning to record some stuff at the
Methuen Memorial Music Hall some time this afternoon or evening. When
he called me from Chicago Saturday afternoon, his flight (and any
other flights in the forseeable future) had been cancelled. I am kind
of worried if he is still sitting in Ohare waiting to get out or if
things are back to normal. PAT]

Go to Next message: frank smith: "Employment Opportunity?"
Go to Previous message: T: "Re: France -- $6.75 for Three Minute"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "So, Did it Snow By You on Sunday?"