TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cost of POTS w/o Long Distance

Re: Cost of POTS w/o Long Distance

Rich Greenberg (richgr@panix.com)
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:46:40 UTC

In article <telecom25.10.3@telecom-digest.org>, John Stahl
<aljon@stny.rr.com> wrote:

> If one calls the Verizon business office the charge is now
> $5.50. However, if one were to establish an account on-line and use
> the Internet (see, there are advantages -- at least for now -- in
> using the Internet!), the charge to change LD carriers is only
> $1.25. AND if you change both regional toll and LD carrier at the same
> time the charge will be discounted an additional 50%.

This actually makes sense. If you call the office, a human droid must
take the info from you and enter it into some system that will make
the change.

If you do it online, it gets done "untouched by human hands" and costs
VZ considerably less.

Go to Next message: The Great Idea Finder: "History of Hayes Modem"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Cost of POTS w/o Long Distance"
May be in reply to: Bob Alan: "Cost of POTS w/o Long Distance"