TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Physically Protecting The Local Loop Network?

Re: Physically Protecting The Local Loop Network?

Steven Lichter (shlichter@diespammers.com)
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 01:24:39 GMT

Rich Greenberg wrote:

> In article <telecom24.583.9@telecom-digest.org>, Steven Lichter
> <Die@spammers.com> wrote:

>> I had a space saver type of phone (the old black ones with the dial on
>> top) installed in a room in my parent's garage and the installer that
>> installed it worked on the phone the better part of a day, could not
>> get it to work, and had other installers coming by to look at it, he
>> came back the next day and got it to work, it needed a special bell
>> box to work. When I ordered the phone the rep had no idea what it
>> even was, this was in Pacific Telephone area. When I moved out they
>> never came and got it, they just left it there. I came and got it one
>> day and it lives with my other old phone in my den.

> I also had one of those many years ago. I didn't have the bell box
> that was normally used with it, so I took an induction coil from
> another phone (probably a 300 series) and wired it up. Worked fine.
> That was 6 houses and 40+ years ago, and I have no idea where it is
> now.

> Rich Greenberg Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
> Eastern time. N6LRT I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67
> Canines:Val, Red & Shasta (RIP),Red, husky Owner:Chinook-L
> Atlanta Siberian Husky Rescue. www.panix.com/~richgr/ Asst Owner:Sibernet-L

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I had one of those for awhile, but
> instead of hunting down a side-ringer I just plugged it in and used
> one of the other phones in my house for a ringing signal. It was
> easier just listen for a bell ringing somewhere else close by. PAT]

Using that phone without its ringer box causes load on the line, low
voice and such, the box has an induction coil.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Go to Next message: jared: "Phishers Nabbed"
Go to Previous message: Gabe: "Re: What Carriers Does Vonage Use to Terminate Calls?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page