TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: What Carriers Does Vonage Use to Terminate Calls?

Re: What Carriers Does Vonage Use to Terminate Calls?

Gabe (advertising@adtomi.com)
28 Dec 2005 15:34:26 -0800

Tony P. wrote:

> In article <telecom24.584.6@telecom-digest.org>, advertising@adtomi.com
> says:

>> I'm just currious what companies Vonage users to terminate calls across
>> the country since they do not have their own true infrastructure. Any
>> ideas?

>> Gabriel

> Mostly Paetec and Focal CLEC switches in various regions. Probably why
> they can't do proper LNP in some cases since neither Paetec or Focal
> have a switch in those regions.

> Luckily we've got a pretty much idle Paetec #5ESS here in Providence
> that handles things quite nicely.

> Vonage simply uses IP packets instead of copper pairs to haul calls to
> underutilized capacity on CLEC switches. Really elegant when you come
> right down to it. They completely bypassed the local regulatory
> environments.

"Vonage simply uses IP packets instead of copper pairs to haul calls
to underutilized capacity on CLEC switches. Really elegant when you
come right down to it. They completely bypassed the local regulatory
environments. "

What do you mean by this?

Gabe

Go to Next message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Physically Protecting The Local Loop Network?"
Go to Previous message: Seth Breidbart: "Re: Payphone Surcharges (was: Unanswered Cellphones)"
May be in reply to: advertising@adtomi.com: "What Carriers Does Vonage Use to Terminate Calls?"