TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Mexican Officials Say Bush Fence Blocking Plan is Stupid

Re: Mexican Officials Say Bush Fence Blocking Plan is Stupid

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:12:21 -0800

Will Weissert wrote:

> Mexico's foreign secretary Monday leveled his country's sharpest
> criticism yet at U.S. proposal for a fence along parts of its southern
> border, condemning it as "stupid" and "underhanded."

And they've hired a Dallas PR firm to convince Americans that illegal
immigration is OK. Today, KFI-AM 640 (Los Angeles) interviewed Rob
Allyn, owner of the PR firm in question. Allyn was mostly evasive, and
when KFI's John and Ken asked what made it ok for Mexico to punish
illegal immigrants but insist that we not punish theirs, he refused to
answer. He repeatedly called John and Ken racist and xenophobic even
after they pointed out that they were only opposed to ILLEGAL
immigration, not all immigration.

http://www.kfi640.com/

http://johnandkenshow.com/

On the show's website there is a link to archived shows. I hope they
post the interview. It was ... enlightening. Apparently the attitude of
many immigrants -- that Americans owe them something - trickles down
from Mexico City, because the Mexican federal government seems
incensed that we are proposing erecting a fence to make it harder for
the illegals to cross our borders.

> Reacting Sunday to the bill's approval, Mexican President Vicente Fox
> said "this wall is shameful,"

What's Fox doing to improve his own economy and bring up his own
citizens' standard for living? That's the real question.

Incidentally, Rob Allyn's corporate web site is http://www.allynco.com

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Dumb Question About "Do Not Call""
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Re: The Letter From valent@mailrus.ru"
May be in reply to: Will Weissert: "Mexican Officials Say Bush Fence Blocking Plan is Stupid"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page