TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: WSIS Report - ccTLD Problems Linger

Re: WSIS Report - ccTLD Problems Linger

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
30 Nov 2005 21:57:18 -0000

> A criticism of ICANN is that it focuses on commercialization issues,
> rather than internationalization issues. Instead of extending ccTLDs
> to include other alphabets like Chinese, ICANN focuses on the
> interests of the trademark holder community."

That's odd. At this very moment there is a six hour long session at
the Vancouver ICANN meeting discussions international character sets
in domain names.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Let's see how they get with it. I'd
not be surprised if like so many proposals given to them, they
didn't just shelve it or send it to some committee for examination
and effectively, burial. PAT]

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: JFK Assassination"
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Verizon GTE Merger -- How Did it Go?"
May be in reply to: Ronda Hauben: "WSIS Report - ccTLD Problems Linger"