TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: WSIS Report - ccTLD Problems Linger

Re: WSIS Report - ccTLD Problems Linger

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
1 Dec 2005 13:53:47 -0500

Ronda Hauben <ronda@panix.com> wrote:

> I recently returned from the WSIS meeting in Tunis and found it a
> very interesting experience.

> The ICANN problem, however, remains unsolved.

I don't see what the _ICANN_ problem actually is.

ICANN does not actually have very much control over the root
nameservers, thanks to Jon Postel's foresight. They don't have
anywhere near the amount of control they claim to have. I think if it
came down to the wire, the folks running the servers would be willing
to buck ICANN if they had to.

--scott

Go to Next message: AntwainBarbour: "Re: FCC May Block Vonage From Accepting New Customers"
Go to Previous message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: JFK Assassination"
May be in reply to: Ronda Hauben: "WSIS Report - ccTLD Problems Linger"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page