TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number

Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number

Michael D. Sullivan (userid@camsul.example.invalid)
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 04:10:40 GMT

Fred Atkinson wrote:

> So, our friend Jason put me in touch with Carolina Net. I've got
> their phone installed and put in a request to report my NC number to
> it.

> Voicepulse says that they own the number. Apparently they have some
> legalese that says they won't release it to another carrier. I went
> to considerable trouble getting that number listed with Verizon's
> directory assistance and I feel that number belongs to me.

> I've sent Voicepulse notice that I expect them to release my number.
> They say they will not. In fact, they called me just a few minutes
> ago and said that the porting request from Carolina Net would be
> declined.

> I'm looking for recourse and I'm not interested in hearing that there
> is no recourse. Can anyone here make some suggestions as to most
> effective avenue to pursue?

Fred, you can file a complaint with the FCC electronically (online), by
mail, by email, or by fax: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html .
It can't hurt and it might just help.

Michael D. Sullivan
Bethesda, MD (USA)
(Replace "example.invalid" with "com" in my address.)

Go to Next message: nospam4me@mytrashmail.com: "Re: Showdown with USA Over Internet Control"
Go to Previous message: Ken Abrams: "Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Voicepulse Owns Your Number"