TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cingular GO Phone Questions

Re: Cingular GO Phone Questions

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Thu, 03 Nov 2005 07:18:49 -0800

On 1 Nov 2005 23:21:10 -0800, apngss@yahoo.com wrote:

> Anyone using Cingular GO phone
> http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cell-phone-service/gophone/index.jsp
> or have that experience? I have couple questions:

> 1) Does "Go Phone" have the same reception strength as regular Cingular
> phone? In terms of reception, does it make any differences? Is "Go
> Phone" using GSM?

I'm not entirely sure of the terms of service for Go Phone, but my
guess is that regular Cingular reception is identical to that of a
tradtional monthly subscriber. The difference may be when you are out
of the native cingular area. If you are out of the Cingular area you
may not have any service or you may pay a considerable amount to roam
on another carrier's system *if* a roaming agreement is in place. If
no roaming agreement is in place you'll only have access to emergency
(911) service.

> 2) Do we need to pay tax and other surcharges for "Go Phone"? I don't
> use phone too much, plus I don't like the regular phone needs to pay
> almost $9 for the tax and other surcharges.

I've not bought Cingular refill cards but there *may* be local sales
tax on the amount of the card. Any other "surcharges" are already
included (USF, 911 fees, county/city/fed taxes etc.) Other than that
you will not pay any other taxes.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I have noticed here that Cingular
Wireless prepaid phones (although I used to have AT&T prepaid until
they were bought out) is different than 'regular' service. Here in our
town, they are still going with the mechanics of AT&T Wireless (for
prepaid) and treating us like 'roamers' because that is what AT&T
did with us. No matter I guess, since it is 25 cents per minute for
either local or roaming on Cingular Prepaid service here. PAT]

Go to Next message: Dan Whitcomb: "Botmaster Charged in Unique Computer Crime"
Go to Previous message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Verizon FIOS, DSL, and Possible Cancellation Fees"
May be in reply to: apngss@yahoo.com: "Cingular GO Phone Questions"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page