TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Do We Go Overboard for Halloween?

Re: Do We Go Overboard for Halloween?

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 08:36:00 -0700

On 26 Oct 2005 12:02:33 -0700, hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> But in more recent years it seems to rival Christmas as a major
> holiday. TV networks produce multiple Halloween-themed shows, run
> horror movies throughout the month. There are many elaborate parties
> for adults and kids. Costumes and events (public haunted houses) have
> grown very elaborate.

> It seems society has gone way overboard on this, particularly the
> entertainment media.

Wherever there's money to be made off someone you can bet that
companies and other entities will take advantage of it.

> There are a few subgroups in society that make a very big deal about
> Halloween, but I really doubt they can influence the rest of us so
> much.

You're only influenced as much as you wish to be influenced.

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: More on San Francisco and Oakland Numbering"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Alger Hiss [was: Re: Privacy Worries? Don't Print in color]"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Do We Go Overboard for Halloween?"