TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Virgin Mobile Unusual Charges

Re: Virgin Mobile Unusual Charges

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 08:26:59 -0700

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:27:18 GMT, tom.horsley@att.net (Thomas A.
Horsley) wrote:

> I never use the full $20 in each 3 month period anyway, why
> on earth would I want to top up more than a few hours before the
> deadline? (Could it be so that virgin mobile gets more money in the
> bank sooner? :-).

Maybe if there was a reason you couldn't add minutes at the very last
possible minute. If you fail to add minutes by the expiration time
you will lose any minutes you have banked on your account. If losing
any accumulated minutes on your account isn't important to you just
let it go. When the expiration time comes and goes without any money
all that will happen is that you'll lose any banked time and your
phone will cease to work until you fill it with more time. I gave a
friend of mine a prepaid account with over $220 in credit. I
cautioned him that if he failed to refill by the due date that he'd
lose all the money in the account. Well, he forgot to fill (even
though five days before your account expires you get a message every
time you place a call warning you of it) and he didn't. He lost the
whole deal.