TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: TV Show - Legacy Phone in Scene

Re: TV Show - Legacy Phone in Scene

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 07:07:37 -0700

On 18 Oct 2005 08:17:42 -0700, hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> For many years, on TV the ringer sound for a telephone often did not
> match the telephone set shown. In earlier years a 300 set or separate
> bell box ringer would be used for a 500 set. In later years, a modern
> phone with an electronic ringer would still sound like a mechanical
> bell and vice versa.

TV isn't very good about matching phones with their real sounds. How
many shows have you seen where someone uses a pay phone and when they
insert the money it goes "ding-ding?" Ding-ding went out with the
demise of the three slot payphone (around the middle of the 60s.) I'm
guessing that most people casually wouldn't have a clue that the
ringing of a phone's sound was wrong. How many times have I seen a
show with a 2554 wall phone that rings with a dual gong ringer sound?
Plenty!

Go to Next message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: TV Show - Legacy Phone in Scene"
Go to Previous message: harold@hallikainen.com: "Re: Giant Conspiracy or Just Rotten Luck?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "TV Show - Legacy Phone in Scene"