TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: TV Show - Legacy Phone in Scene

Re: TV Show - Legacy Phone in Scene

Tim@Backhome.org
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 07:19:56 -0700

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:.)

> For many years, on TV the ringer sound for a telephone often did not
> match the telephone set shown. In earlier years a 300 set or separate
> bell box ringer would be used for a 500 set. In later years, a modern
> phone with an electronic ringer would still sound like a mechanical
> bell and vice versa.

How about the often incorrect ringback tones from the C.O.? Or, the
immediate return to dial tone when the other party suddenly hung up?
(called or calling party, it didn't matter ;-)

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Or how many times have you seen shows
where a cellular phone was involved and the person using the cell
phone heard 'dial tone' when he took the phone 'off hook' to dial a
number. We know there is no such thing as 'dial tone' on a cell
phone. PAT]

Go to Next message: Andy Sullivan : "Lawmakers Urge US to Keep Control of Internet"
Go to Previous message: Joseph: "Re: TV Show - Legacy Phone in Scene"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "TV Show - Legacy Phone in Scene"