TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Why is VOIP Getting Hot Now?

Re: Why is VOIP Getting Hot Now?

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:37:50 -0700

On 27 Sep 2005 10:53:32 -0700, John <jbradshaw777@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am looking for some insight on this VOIP thing. Why is it, seems to
> me, getting hot now? This thing has been around for many years (I
> remember using Internet Telephony application almost a decade ago),
> why is it getting hot now?

Likely because the technology has improved enough that people are
using it on a regular basis.

> why does it take so long for it to get some
> tracking? Is there anything different now that makes it more
> appealing than a decade ago?

Sure. It works better than it did a decade ago. Also, it's popular
now because of the perceived value as compared to pricing for regular
wireline service.

Go to Next message: beavis: "Re: Why is VOIP Getting Hot Now?"
Go to Previous message: harold@hallikainen.com: "Re: Oakland Calif Conversion From 6 to 7 Digit Dialing?"
May be in reply to: John: "Why is VOIP Getting Hot Now?"