TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: NYC Phone Rates, was: Sid Ceasar and Phones in Comedy

Re: NYC Phone Rates, was: Sid Ceasar and Phones in Comedy

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
13 Sep 2005 06:35:33 -0700

Tony P. wrote:

> I wonder how VoIP and unlimited local/ld is impacting measured
> service. Put it this way, a measured service line in RI would cost
> about $25 a month. For that much I use Vonage and get unlimited.

People who would want VOIP are not the same customers who would want
measured service.

As mentioned, inflation is the biggest deterrent to measured service.
The cost differential appears to have remained the same -- $2-$3 a
month saving. Back when the phone bill total was $4.65 a $2 saving
was significant. Today it is not significant and its more of a
marketing tool or PUC mandate.

Go to Next message: Mark J. Cuccia: "My First Internet Access in 2 weeks"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Flat Rate Water, was: Verizon Complaints About EVDO"
May be in reply to: Danny Burstein: "NYC Phone Rates, was: Sid Ceasar and Phones in Comedy"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page