TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Global Warming Probably the Reason for Katrina

Re: Global Warming Probably the Reason for Katrina

Michael Chance (mchance@swbell.net)
Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:09:50 GMT

In article <telecom24.395.1@telecom-digest.org>, afp@telecom-digest.org
says:

> Brace for more Katrinas, say experts
> Tue Aug 30,10:55 AM ET

> For all its numbing ferocity, Hurricane Katrina will not be a unique
> event, say scientists, who say that global warming appears to be
> pumping up the power of big Atlantic storms.

However, the real hurricane experts at NOAA are saying that global
warming has only a negliable effect on hurricane strength. The number
and size of hurricanes in any given season is cyclical, and we just
happen to be on the upside of the current cycle. See
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/8/31/173242.shtml

Besides, even if President Bush had completely implemented all of the
Kyoto Protocols the day after his first inauguration in 2001, there
would be zero effect on this year's hurricane season -- all of the
possible reduction in "greenhouse gases" from the U. S. would be more
than offset by increases from China, India, and South America -- who
aren't subject to any of the Kyoto reductions. Except that it would
have completely trashed the U. S. economy in the process.

ObTelecom -- Personally, I think that the real cause of "global
warming" is the huge increase in the number of cell phone towers, with
the accompanying increase in electro-magnectic radiation heating up
the atmosphere. Can't prove it empirically, but then none of the
other "experts" prove their theories, either.

Michael Chance

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But, if Bush _had_ signed on to Kyoto
'the day after his inauguration' -- or even if he were to do so right
now -- he would demonstrate that the entire world came ahead of just
the wishes of the United States. And again, I think all this would be
moot if in our world we had about half as many people as we have now. PAT]

Go to Next message: Angus TeleManagement Group: "Telecom Update #495, September 2, 2005"
Go to Previous message: Joseph B. Verrengia: "Katrina Reignites Global Warming Debate"
May be in reply to: Agence France Presse: "Global Warming Probably the Reason for Katrina"