TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Global Warming Probably the Reason for Katrina

Re: Global Warming Probably the Reason for Katrina

Mark Crispin (mrc@CAC.Washington.EDU)
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 13:53:02 -0700

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Michael Chance wrote:

> Besides, even if President Bush had completely implemented all of the
> Kyoto Protocols the day after his first inauguration in 2001, there
> would be zero effect on this year's hurricane season -- all of the
> possible reduction in "greenhouse gases" from the U. S. would be more
> than offset by increases from China, India, and South America -- who
> aren't subject to any of the Kyoto reductions. Except that it would
> have completely trashed the U. S. economy in the process.

Which, in turn, would render the US quite a bit *less* capable of
responding to natural disasters.

I'm sure that it would have been great comfort to the people of New
Orleans to be told that, rather than help being delayed a few days in
the wake of Hurricane Katrina, that help will never come, but at least
we signed Kyoto!

> ObTelecom -- Personally, I think that the real cause of "global
> warming" is the huge increase in the number of cell phone towers, with
> the accompanying increase in electro-magnectic radiation heating up
> the atmosphere.

According to Professor Tinfoil at the presigious non-accredited Univerity
of Lower Slobbovia, global warming is caused by all the heat generated by
Internet traffic. :-)

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But, if Bush _had_ signed on to Kyoto
> 'the day after his inauguration' -- or even if he were to do so right
> now -- he would demonstrate that the entire world came ahead of just
> the wishes of the United States.

Pray explain *why* any US president should give "the entire world"
priority over the wishes of the United States and its people.

Given the opportunity, "the entire world" would wish the USA into
extinction. This includes our so-called "friends and allies", any of
whom would be quite happy to fill the vacuum left by our demise.

And yes, this includes Canada. There are descendants of American
Tories in Canada who still have their precious pre-Revolution property
deeds to their families' lands in the Thirteen Colonies. They have
every intention of reclaiming that property from the rebel usurpers
once the silly experiment with republicanism end and the rule of Her
Britainnic Majesty's is restored.

If your worldview is of an international hugfest with everybody
singing Kumbaya, keep in mind that hugs and Kumbaya are the luxury of
the strong who can defend themselves.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You have a very ugly and hateful idea
of what is going on. I suggest you read the first article in this
issue of the Digest on 'Katrina and the Neighborhood.' You might also
want to consider that if Kyoto had been in place for a few years, the
hurricane might not have been as fierce as it was; thus not as much
help needed from the rest of the 'neighborhood'. I do not believe in
any hugfest. But I will say I do not think the United States should be
nearly as arrogant and bossy as they are with the rest of the world.
Someday _you_ may need help. PAT]

Go to Next message: Paul Coxwell: "Re: Sid Ceasar and Phones in Comedy"
Go to Previous message: AP News Wire: "AP Offers Satellite Image of New Orleans Destruction"
May be in reply to: Agence France Presse: "Global Warming Probably the Reason for Katrina"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page