TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: New Virus: Was He Actually Guilty?

Re: New Virus: Was He Actually Guilty?

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
21 Jun 2005 10:32:31 -0700

Patrick Townson wrote:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Poor Michael Jackson. For a couple
> weeks, viruses were being circulated via a bogus press release
> which claimed he 'committed suicide'. Now a new virus is making
> the rounds purporting to be a questionairre on his guilt or
> innocence, and offering prizes to the people who venture their
> opinions on same. PAT]

How much money did they spend to investigate and prosecute Jackson?

How much money are they spending to investigate and prosecute virus
producers?

Likewise, what are they doing to investigate and prosecute the black
market vendors in stolen credit cards (see today's NYT at
http://telecom-digest.org/nytimes.html )?

P.S. FWIW, Lifetime Channel is running a movie about a teen boy who
gets hooked on Internet porn. IMHO their stuff is not accurate and is
just overwrought melodramas. To put it another way, are kids really
committing suicide as a result of "Internet bullying"?

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I am told the prosecution of Michael
Jackson took _BIG $$_. So big, the county had to borrow money from
other accounts to be able to do any other prosecutions at all this
year. Poor prosecutor ... for a dozen years now he has had his heart
set on winning that case. It looks like he struck out again; but I
am certain with some meditation and effort and the cheering squad at
Fox News behind him, he will try again in another year or so.

Regards virus producers, I don't think they are doing anything. ICANN
would not approve of it, and anyway, as the hotshot netters would say,
we cannot dictate how other users run their sites, and the term
'obnoxious' is undefined in their minds. Interesting you should
comment on Lifetime Channel; IMO they are tied for last place with
Fox News. PAT]

Go to Next message: Dan Lanciani: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
Go to Previous message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Book Review: Essential Guide to Telecommunications - Dodd"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "New Virus: Was He Actually Guilty?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page