TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Bellsouth Caller ID

Re: Bellsouth Caller ID

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:20:18 -0700

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 04:12:48 -0400, Choreboy
<choreboyREMOVE@localnet.com> wrote:

> The next day your phone begins chirping during a funeral. Because
> your wife and daughter are with you, you never expected this. By the
> time you turn it off you are getting dirty looks.

If you are such an insensitive clod to not put your phone on silent or
shut it off they *should* give you dirty looks. Ever heard of using a
little common sense? Shut the damned thing off when you're in a
movie, a concert, a funeral or any number of other situations where
it's not just tacky it's rude. Take some personal responsibility for
your own actions.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: First of all (going back to the
original complaint about someone getting your cell phone number from
caller ID) use *67 on cell phones in the same way you use it on your
landline phone. Caller ID is not passed in that case.) Second, I _always_
put my cell phone on silent (or sometimes just turn it off) whenever I
am in a church or at a concert or lecture. Usually I just turn it to
silent mode or battery vibrating mode, then I can glance at the
display and if it is a call I want to receive, I can excuse myself and
go outside to deal with it. PAT]

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites"
Go to Previous message: John McHarry: "Re: 'Phone Tapping' Modem Traffic ?"
May be in reply to: Choreboy: "Bellsouth Caller ID"