TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon

Re: Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon

Tim@Backhome.org
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 05:41:13 -0700

I find forwarding our home phone to my cell phone when we are on a trip
works better.

Monty Solomon wrote:

> Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon
> Wireless Phones When New Messages Arrive

> Home and Business Customers in N.Y.C. and New England Can Receive TXT
> Alerts on Their Verizon Wireless Phones

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That's how I do it also, even though I
don't go on many car trips. Prairie Stream (local telco) has my
landline set to 'forward on busy/no answer' to my Cingular cell phone.
And since we here get unlimited local area calling, my landline
620-331 phone forwards after 3 rings to my cellular 620-330 number. My
regular callers know they are getting forwarded to my cell phone when
after 3 audible rings (in their ear) they hear a couple seconds of
silence as the call is 'pulled away' from the landline and transferred
to my cell phone. When I am truly not available, then the Cingular
cell phone voice mail takes the call. PAT]

Go to Next message: William Van Hefner: "Re: MCI Now Charging Extra on Payphones When Using Phone Card!"
Go to Previous message: Justin Time: "Re: Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon"