TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Another Norvergence Debacle on the Way, Possibly

Another Norvergence Debacle on the Way, Possibly

Ken Lyle (klyleiii@yahoo.com)
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 11:14:30 PDT

Hello,

I worked with Dan (Smith?) last year, and became a member of your
organization's email publication. I was one of the first companies to
start posting on your site about the Norvergence debacle. I've
referred over 50 companies, to different legal resources after they
contacted me from my postings on your site. To date, I believe we are
the only company that was able to successfully cancel the signed lease
agreement with them, and paid nothing out of pocket.

I wish all the 11,000 other companies the best of luck in the class
action suit. Anyway, now I am looking at possibly doing business with
ACN, out of Michigan. I've looked through your threads and have not
been able to find many complaints about them. I'm trying to do as much
research as possible before I get myself into something I'd regret
again. I've already checked the BBB and they called the company
satisfactory. I also have not found many complaints on the web, or
anything negative about the company President/CEO. Is there any info
you may be able to point me to that may be useful?

Thank you very much,

Ken Lyle
Controller
B.S. Cable, Co. Inc.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I do not know about any Dan Smith(?)
but you worked with me; my name is Patrick Townson, and I do remember
you. You were not the only one to get out of the Norvergence scam
totally unscathed financially, but there were several who had made at
least two or three payments, which is not as good as 'nothing' but is
still better than Norvergence planned it originally. Various of the
state attorney generals have turned the screws on the banks and other
lenders involved. As a result, many of the fast talking salesmen who
brought Norvergence accounts into the house thinking they were going
to get a raise and a good filet mignon dinner from their bosses for
the 'good business they brought the (bank or financial company)' wound
up getting fired when the Attorney General in that state forced the
house to write off all that paper. Some banks and lenders took _huge_
losses on it and are still trying to get the ear of the bankruptcy
judge. To my way of thinking, better that the greedy banks and other
financial operations were obliged to eat it all instead of the little
business people who had been tricked by Solzano. There were many
readers here who just 'knew for certain' all the debtors (the small
business people) were going to get sued -- severely -- if they
followed my advice and stalled on making any further payments. And
they all presented me with the 'holder in due course' argument, but
apparently many attornies general felt somehow the financial houses
may have been at least a bit complicit in the fraud, or at least
they should have investigated before taking that worthless paper.

One fat cow wrote to really bawl me out good, telling me she knew 'for
a fact' that 'your advice has caused many debtors to get sued' and
that most debtors were making payments as agreed, but I retorted by
asking her what collection agency _she_ worked for.

Now regards your latest inquiry, I know nothing about 'ACN out of
Michigan'. Jack Decker is our reader/writer from Michigan, so maybe
he will know something. Jack, are you reading this? Does any reader
know about 'ACN out of Michigan'? Regards BBB, I have been told any
company who is a member of BBB is therefore in 'good standing' with
that bunch. If you are a member of BBB you are in good standing with
them, if not a member, then you are not in good standing.

Good luck with your inquiry, Mr. Lyle. PAT]