TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 25 cps Power, was: Tie Lines was Re: Foreign Exchange Lines

Re: 25 cps Power, was: Tie Lines was Re: Foreign Exchange Lines

AES (siegman@stanford.edu)
Mon, 30 May 2005 15:36:08 -0700

In article <telecom24.239.4@telecom-digest.org>, Danny Burstein
<dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

> (All primary lighting is now courtesy of the regular 120/208/240v
> utility grid feeding fluorescent fixtures. There's a modest amount of
> incandescent stuff around for small areas.

Is it true that some subway 110V incandescent light fixtures used
left-hand threads to deter bulb snatchers?

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I know that in Chicago long ago, all
the station lighting and platform lighting they did left hand threads
to inhibit people from stealing the bulbs if they needed them at their
own houseand also the voltage was sufficiently different the bulbs
generally would not work in your home electrical outlets anyway. PAT]

Go to Next message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: 25 cps Power, was: Tie Lines was Re: Foreign Exchange Lines"
Go to Previous message: Paul Coxwell: "Fwd: Re: What Happened to Channel 1"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page